Wednesday, June 18, 2008

STARTING NEW CHEMO TODAY

Delight called and they had just left the doctor's office. The doctor said that the cancer has progressed...... some, not a whole lot. New places were on the chest bone, femur (near hip), spine and the places that he was most concerned about were the 3 new places on the liver. They did blood work on her and she received 3 bottles of pills today. She takes 3 pills a day. She doesn't have a break in taking these pills....she will be taking them for 6 weeks continually each day. She has to go to the doctor weekly to get her blood checked. After 3 weeks they will be doing scans on her. He told her if she was not happy with this chemo after 6 weeks they would change. I asked her about side effects. She said that it has the normal ones. She did say that 50% of the people have really bad fatigue.

She voice sounded really good. They were looking around in Academy when I was talking to her.

Let's pray that this drug will be the answer for Delight.

Kaye

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Delight you are in my prayers everyday. I hope this treatment is not so hard on you and there are positive results. We love you and I hug you with my heart everyday. And I love T.J. too!
Vicky & Jim