Friday, April 20, 2007

A SCARY NIGHT

Delight called early this morning to tell me that they spent most of the night in the emergency room. Blayd got a piece of chicken lodged in his throat. They worked and worked and could not get it to go down or come up. When they got him to the hospital they x-rayed him to find the piece of meat lodged at the entrance to the stomach just at the end of the esophagus. She said that it was extremely difficult for him to breathe because he was constantly gagging. The hospital decided to air lift him out to the Children's Hospital in OKC. The first helicopter that got here was to small for Cydne to ride with him. They decided that they just could not let him go alone. So they called for a bigger helicopter. It was coming out of Greenville. It was on its way when a red light came on and it had to go back. Finally, they got another one out of Tulsa. It was on its way when Cydne noticed Blayd breathing a little easier. She asked if he could be x-rayed again. They said yes if you could get him to drink some more barium. After a while, Cydne finally got it down him. The x-ray showed that the chicken was gone. What a great miracle! The medical staff on the first helicopter had stayed the whole time because they knew how to handle the problem, since the hospital staff was not equipped. About 1:00 or 2:00am they admitted him to the hospital for the night. Delight said she was able to get a little rest but was up bright and early this morning. She will not be coming to work today. Bracee spent the night with her last night.

Terry Joe and Delight will be leaving around noon today. She said that if she got out of the doctors offices earlier enough she would call.

Keep the Eidson's in your prayers. Pray an extra prayer for them today.

Kaye

Update on Blayd from Uncle Walter: He went out to the hospital at 9:00 and they we getting ready to dismiss him. He said he looked really good and was acting like he felt fine.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Blayd!! Please give him a big hug from his Aunt Jenn if any of you see him today! Please keep my family in your prayers.

Jenn

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. My heart just sank to my toes when I read this. Give Blayd a big hug from his Aunt Vicky too. And Delight I will be praying that the doctors have good things to say today.
If my arms could reach from Jenks, they would be around you right now.
Love you all,
Vicky

Anonymous said...

I have been out of pocket so I am catching up today....thanks again Kaye for making this so easy than bugging Delight all the time. Anyway, I am always thinking about you Delight, you know that, and praying for good news from the Dr.

Andrea Griggs said...

Hugs from me too... Keeping you and your family in my prayers.
Last night John and I attended Harrah's first Relay for Life. I walked a lap for you and all my friends that have battled cancer and won and those you have lost. I also got homesick thinking about everyone. I plan on helping with the event here next year and hope to see you this year at Idabel' Relay. Love you - Andrea