Friday, March 30, 2007

NO GERMS!!!!!!

Delight was unable to take her chemo treatment yesterday because her white blood count was down to 800. The lowest it can be and still take a treatment is 1500. The doctor didn't want her to come to work or go anywhere to catch any kind of sickness. They suggested to her to take some work home and do it or work late at night when know one is at the bank. They also suggested if she went to work on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday go to her office and close the door. If people needed to talk to her, let them use the phone. They wanted her to have very little contact with people. We do not want her getting sick so please do not go around her if you are sick.

They are going to change how they have been giving her chemo. I think they will start giving her the chemo once every 3 weeks. They will give her the Neulastia shot the day after her chemo to help build up her white blood count.

She also told me that her hair was starting to fall out. She said not all but a little of it.

Let's remember to keep Delight and her family in our prayers. Pray that her blood count gets up and she can take her chemo.

Kaye

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, good grief. My poor momma. I hope you are able to stay well, we can't have you sick. Kaye you and Tonya are now in charge of keeping the "Sickos" away from my momma!

Blu and I can't wait to see you all on the 28th. Blu hopes dad can get away to go fishing, (me too so you and I can have some girl time.)

I love you and hope to see you soon. Stay well!!!

Love, Jenn

Anonymous said...

Delight I enjoyed our great trip yesterday even if you didn't get to take all of the chemo. The lunch at Julie's was good. Isn't the raspberry tea wonderful? Looking forward to our next trip. Take care of yourself and we will respect your need to stay away from people. Like Jenn said we don't want you sick. Love you, Sheila

Andrea Griggs said...

Love ya Delight. Keeping you in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Hey Delight! Sorry to hear that you've been 'quarantined'. I hope you are feeling better soon. I planned to come see you tomorrow, but I think I'll call instead.

Love Ya!

Anonymous said...

I'm so lucky. I'm not on the quarantine list so I get to see Delight every day! I'm also starting a new occupation as her hair stylist. She is truly beautiful with long hair, short hair, or no hair. Wish I could say the same for me! She continues to be remarkable in her faith and strength but I know it has worried her missing the treatment due to her blood count. Again thanks to all for your support and words of encouragement!

Anonymous said...

Woops, forgot to sign, I'm the stylist. TJ