Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Birthday Party # 2

What a wonderful time we had Friday afternoon celebrating Delight's ___ Birthday. The meal at Johnny Carinos was delicious and the time spent with friends was even better. (Sheila will have pictures soon). Delight had radiation right after our meal. After she had her radiation we were FORCED to make a stop at Hobby Lobby. Delight needed a tree to complete a corner in her newly decorated house. Donna made one more stop and then it was back to Idabel. I can't really share to much more because we were warned with what was said in the vehicle stays in the vehicle. I thought you just said that if you went to Las Vegas?? What do I know?? I just know that I am keeping my mouth SHUT. But... I just have to say one thing that a couple of names kept coming up---Mandy & Carla. I really don't want to tell what they said but the only thing I remember is how much everyone wished that they could have been with us. Next time girls! Now for anything else that was said............. Thanks for letting me go. Donna, thanks for driving you did a good job know matter what Lisa said. Delight we hope you had as much fun as all of us did!! Donna and Lisa are drawing up the plans for the Drive-Thru Radiation Clinic. Please contact them for any suggestions that you may have.

If you have not had the chance to see Terry Joe & Delight's new house let me tell you what a wonderful place they have. A couple of weeks ago she was surprised to come home to a decorated house. We arranged for Professional Designers Gail Snider & Ginny Snider along with Professional Painters Lisa Shipp & Tonya Stephens to work their magic. Boy, did they ever. What a beautiful job they did!!! Thank you girls for all of your hard work. Getting everything put up was a huge relief to Delight. She was so excited!! Terry Joe was even excited, too. He really liked the wall with all of his golf pictures on it. Everyone was glad to help out with this project.
Thanks again to everybody.

I am glad I have a GOOD, GREAT, WONDERFUL,UNDERSTANDING,KIND, GOOD LOOKING Boss.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad Delight is feeling better today.
A note to Kaye, Tonya, Lisa, Gail, Ginny, Tammy - you guys are awesome. Delight is so lucky to have such wonderful friends. I don't know all of you since I have been gone from Idabel for nearly 30 years (probably longer than some of you are old), but I feel a connection. I was so thrilled with Delight & TJ's house. I was there when they moved in, so it was a big change. Looks like something out of Southern Living.
Delight is so proud of it.

I know that having so--o-o-o-o-o many friends is what helps Delight.
She is lucky to have such a loving husband (of course I would say that because I think my brother is the best!). Since I am so far away, I worry less because I know she is surrounded by love every day. This site is also helping me tremendously to feel connected!!!

Anybody can e-mail me directly at vbailey1950@cox.net or vicky.r.bailey.izq9@statefarm.com

Vicky Eidson Bailey

Anonymous said...

Momma, I am so glad you are feeling better. I was worried your wild birthday and weekend festivities may get you down. It was wonderful to see you this weekend and how great you are doing. I know that Dad will take good care of you. I love you both and can't wait to see you again. Love, Jenn

Rob said...

Delight - you don't know me, but I read a little about you on Tammy's blog. Wishing you the best and a full recovery from The GREAT WHITE NORTH.

Anonymous said...

Delight,Glad you are feeling better. Hope you rest well tonight. I am so thankful to have this blog available. Thanks to all who are responsible for setting it up and for the daily update. Good night. Luv, Becky