Thursday, February 1, 2007

Update on Delight 2-1-07

Friends,

Delight has given me permission to update her blog for her whenever I have new news about her. So this is where she is at right now----The cancer that she has is from the breast cancer she had in 2002. Apparently they did not get it all.

As most of you know she has is several places on her body. The biopsy showed that the cancer is in stage 4. The place on her hip is in the socket. It is a weird shape but thought it was about the size of a quarter. She has not had hardly any pain in her hip. She is getting a double dose of radiation on her hip. Radiation is also being given on the place on her breastbone. (this place is about the size of a golf ball) This is the place that had been causing her so much of her pain. She has gotten some relief already on this place from the radiation. That is good news!!

The last week in February Delight will be going to MD Anderson in Houston. They want her to finish her radiation treatments that she started in Texarkana before going down.

Chemo will not be started in Texarkana due to her going to MD Anderson. They may have a different option for her.

I would like to thank everyone for your messages to Delight. She is reading everyone of them. I also would like to encourage you to leave her more than one message. Please do not just leave only one. Every bit of encouragement that we can give to her helps a lot. Even if you just say a daily hi or that you were thinking about her--would help. Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a message.

Don't forget tomorrow is her birthday Feb. 2.

Delight wanted me to tell everyone THANK YOU for all the food. Terry Joe THANKS you, too. Everything has been delicious!! It has been a great help to them. If you are interested in taking food please contact either Lisa or Tonya. We have a schedule for the food so they will not be overwhelmed with to much food.

If you have a question or concern about Delight---please post it. We will try and get you an answer to it. I am sure you will be hearing from Delight soon. I am just trying to help her out so she will not be having to answer the same questions over and over. She gave me the liberty to say whatever I wanted!!!!! SO................

Lisa calls me every morning to check and see how Delight is feeling. We have come up with the
"DELIGHT-O-METER" ........0-10 scale.........with 10 being tops. This includes how does she look, feel, sleep the night before just a over all picture of her. Today is rates a 9. She looks good and she said that she had a restful night of sleep last night. I will try to put a rating out every morning.

She has a radiation treatment today at 2:50. Johnice and Theron will be taking her today to her appointment. Delight thinks she can take herself to her treatments (we all know she could) but she doesn't realize we all WANT to take off work alittle early so we can take her. Delight just does not realize how many people LOVE her and do not mind taking her. She is a TRUE friend and we all LOVE her so much and will do anything to help her out during this time. If you want to drive her a day please again contact either Tonya or Lisa. Delight we know you can drive yourself but just let us help you out. We are ALL willing. We don't mind leaving our jobs early. Right?

I just wanted everyone to know that I will strive to have all the information correct that I will be reporting to you. I am not good at this at all so just bear with my missspelled words or sentences that are hard to understand. I slept or talked during my English classes in school. Maybe Carla needs to be doing this.

Thank you for your prayers for my WONDERFUL friend Delight. I know God is in control and HE knows Delight and is taking very good care of her. He knows that she is a DELIGHT to all that Love and Know her. Please continue your prayers for her and her family.

Kaye Cawley

(For those who do not know me, I work with Delight at the bank. I love and cherish her friendship deeply and I want to do whatever I can to help her during this time.)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job, Kaye! You'll be a blogger yet...

BTW, I think Delight looked like a 10+ today!

Anonymous said...

Mom although I wish I could be with you everyday, I am glad to see that you have such wonderful friends that are taking care of you. I will see you soon. Love you! Jenn

Anonymous said...

Our prayers are with you Delight. We will put you on the prayer list at church.

Danny & Marcia Dobbins

Anonymous said...

Delight - wish I had been there for the lunch myself. I knew your friends would make it a special day for your ---- birthday. I won't publish that since I really know the number! I think about you every minute and hope that the pain is lessening. I appreciate Kaye & Tammy setting this all up. It is my first experience with a blog. Us old folks just have a hard time with this stuff.
Love you & plan to see you soon,
Vicky

Anonymous said...

Delight, just want you to know you are in my constant thoughts and prayers. You are a fighter and an inspiration to all of us. Love you, Becky

I certainly hope you get this. As Vicky said us older folks have a hard time with the technology.

Anonymous said...

Delight, I want you to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers...a friend in Tulsa, OK

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Delight!! I hope you all don't have a headache from laughing all the way to Texar and back!! Hey I know your age, too, but sometimes I have to calculate! Mike is 8 yrs older than me; T.J. is 8 yrs older than you; T.J is one yr (much) older than me!!! What a way to keep up! Old people again! Love Ya Much Cindy

Anonymous said...

DELIGHT
JUST A NOTE TO WISH YOU A VERY HAPPY B-DAY OUR THOUGTS AND PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU EACH AND EVERY DAY.PLEASE LET USE KNOW IF THERE IS ANYTHING WE CAN DO FOR YOU,WE ARE ONLY A PHONE CALL AWAY

MUCH LOVE BILLY, VAL,LARUE,GRANDMOTHER BEACH, ELLEN,AND FAMILIES

c3fuller said...

Delight -
Happy, happy birthday.

Just wanted you to know that you are on the prayer list at the Presbyterian Church.

You are in my thoughts and prayers, and if I can ever do anything to help in any way, please give me a yell. Please know that I'm in your corner!

Chloe Fuller

Anonymous said...

Delight, just wanted to let you know how much I admire you and T.J and to also let you know you are in our constant prayers and always in our thoughts. I would like to make a date with you for our next years Happy Birthday breakfast. You are on our prayer list at Forest Hill Baptist Church. Just pick up the phone if you ever need me....for anything.