Thursday, August 14, 2008

1:00 THURSDAY AFTERNOON

Delight had her chemo treatment this morning and she slept during most of it. They gave it to her while she was in bed. It was only 20 minutes long. Tonya is sitting with her now. Terry Joe is out here with me in the waiting room eating a sandwich Tonya & I brought him. He said that they gave her some pain medicine after they did the treatment and so she is sleeping now. She is still so very weak. She was completely exhausted from getting out of the chair, sitting a while, getting back into bed. I'm sure it is from no food intake for so long. I don't think they have started the food--nutrient IV. Terry Joe said that he needed to check and see when they are going to start it. He thought maybe they would after the chemo. So maybe they will shortly. They gave her something for nausea before they started the chemo. I think that's it for now. Terry Joe ran to the car to get some of his dirty clothes. I'll post again before we leave.

Kaye

No comments: