Friday, August 15, 2008

:Friday Night @ 10:15 PM

My computer shows the time of posting erroneously and I don't want to fool with figuring out how to change so I'll just type it in as I just did. Last night was pretty restless for us. Delight kept waking up afraid and a little panicky. I think the pain meds, her difficulty breathing, and the length of her stay here probably all contribute to that. Anyway, we didn't get much sleep so she has been pretty tired today. I am really concerned about her breathing. She seems to struggle a little more with it each day. She has so much congestion, rattling, and wheezing. Sometimes the breathing treatments help and sometimes they don't. I know both Dr. Mirtsching and Dr. Shulkin are aware and are doing all they know to do. Delight got up and sat in the chair for an hour or so today and tried to do some physical therapy but was just too weak. They were going to try to get her to walk with a walker and assistance just to the door (about 10 steps) but she only made about 2 very short steps and had to sit down. She is so weak that just getting her out of the bed, it takes the nurse and one assistant to do it, completely wears her out. As Charmyrle mentioned to Kay, the Doctors are considering giving her a blood transfusion tomorrow to boost her white blood cell and platelet counts as well as to hopefully boost her energy. She is still not able to eat anything. Today her sister made her a chocolate milkshake and she drank a little of that and maybe ate 5 or 6 potato chips. Yesterday she had one small piece of cheese and a couple of potato chips. I know she is aware of the importance of trying to get some nutrition but she just has no appetite. Hopefully the IV nutrition will boost her strength and if they do the blood transfusion that will help also. Dr. Mirtsching again said that the x-rays of her lungs are not looking any better but also that they are not looking any worse. At least we're not losing ground there. On a positive note the fluid from her left lung seems to be gradually slowing down. Not as rapidly as they would like but anything that is happening in a positive direction is good news. Jennifer, Blu, Charmyrle, and Windell are all here. Jen and Blu are staying at the hospital tonight and the rest of us are going to the motel. Charlie and Windell left about 9:00 and I will shortly if Delight is resting OK. Jen will call me if anything goes wrong. I trust Jen a great deal and so does her mom. Oh, Delight's foot is much better. Glad that was caught quickly as cellulitis can be quite serious if it gets a good headstart. Every time I post I hope I have the presence of mind to thank everyone, even if my thank you's get monotonous. There are so many people praying, thinking, and tugging for Delight that I'm uncomfortable singling out anyone. We both appreciate all of you and miss all of you a lot! I will try to post something over the weekend if possible. I'm still a little uncomfortable doing this but reading your comments about it meaning something to you makes it easier. I have read Gail's message to Delight several times as did Kaye. I know that comforted her.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Terry Joe, It is Lisa

We are so glad that you can take some time to post. This keeps us in touch and from calling and bugging you. I know Kaye gets tired of me calling her.

Delight, I watered my stick plant that you gave me tonight and said a prayer for you. I have always wanted one of those plants and am so happy that you are the one to give it to me. It is one of my favorite plants and you are one of my favorite people. I will always think of you when I look at it.

We have eaten Taboli this weekend, and the first time I ever ate it was when you made some for Terry Joe. It is not anything you would ever eat, but we love it.

I am so glad you could take 2 steps. I don't know if I would have your determination to even get out of bed. I remember how many times you kicked our butts in water aerobics and would make us do just a little bit more. . . . .Remember that with the bites of food, and the steps taken . . . just a little bit more. You can do it. We believe in you.

I love you, and Terry Joe

Anonymous said...

Lisa again,

I am A positive and would gladly give my blood. It is full of the healthy green tea and taboli and pomegranate juice. You are welcome to some or all of it.

Anonymous said...

OK, I am borrowing dad's computer to type this, hopefully he won't mind. I thought I would let you all know Mom has been sleeping fairly soundly since around 9:30p. It is 1:14a now so I'd say, we're doing pretty good so far. She is just so tired and any amount of rest is a blessing.

Dad, thanks for the vote of confidence, but I can only give praise to you and mom for the person I am today. You both are wonderful parents and you both have tremendous strength. We will all make it through this. We have to remember that God will not put any more on us than we can handle, and he will always carry us through the rough spots. He hears every prayer and he is with us now guiding our way, all we have to do is trust and follow him.

I too want to thank all everyone for being there for my famiy. You all are wonderful and have been such a blessing to my family. Thanks.

Well, I should try to get some sleep before the nurses start their visits. Goodnight all, and God bless.

Jenn

Anonymous said...

TJ and Jennifer: Thanks so much for posting. Tell Delight that we're all thinking of her. If there is anything we can do, please let us know.

Andrea Griggs said...

I pray Delight is doing better today. Keeping all of you in my heart and prayers.


Vicky - Sorry we lost connection. Hope to hear from you soon.

Anonymous said...

Mimi and Papa,
we love you and miss you very much. We are all praying for you to get better and we think about you a lot. The twins draw you a lot of pictures and we even go and put them in the mail box, of course I have to go and get them out later but they have sent you lots of beautiful pictures.
love you,
Bracee, Blayd, and Cydne

Anonymous said...

Delight and T.J.,
Wendell and I sure did enjoy getting to see how you are both doing. It is hard to read the blog or just talk on the phone. I have to see my baby sister in person to know how she is doing. We pray continually for all of you( the whole family).
T.J., I found 2 scriptures that seemed to help me a lot at this time. I know you are reading--Philippians 4 and Proverbs 3.
Give Delight a kiss from me and tell her I will see her soon.

Much love,
wendell and charmyrle

p.s. Jennifer, we love you and are so glad you are taking such good care of your mom.

Anonymous said...

God is with you and angels surround you. Rest in the arms of our Lord and Saviour, my beautiful mother-in-law. I love you and I am praying for you.

Blu

Anonymous said...

Terry Joe and Delight, We are praying for you daily. We have you on our prayer list at Destiny Outreach Christian Center. Just want you to know many people in Idabel are praying for you. With God all things are possible. Kristi Manuel