Thursday, August 14, 2008

Dr. Shulkin just came in

Dr. Shulkin came in about an hour ago. It's 1:00 A.M. now. He asked her a lot of questions about her appetite, how she was feeling, etc. He said he was going to order some nutrition to be given through her IV beginning tomorrow to try and boost her energy level. He said since she was already being given some fluids intravenously he may as well add some carbs and amino acids. He thinks her appetite may return when her energy level is boosted by physical therapy and IV nutrients. She is getting a little agitated with me about my nagging trying to get her to eat. She told Tonya to get the nurse to take away her dinner tray before her husband gets back and tries to make me eat more. I was talking to Walter around lunch today, I thought Delight was asleep, and I asked him if he wanted to go get some lunch that I was fine staying in the room. Delight said eat, eat, eat, that's all TJ wants to talk about. I guess I will lighten up but after the visit with Dr. Mirtsching this morning and his strong emphasis on how important it is for her I just have a hard time not pushing. Vicky Young, if you are reading this you can come by here any time you want to. There are times when Delight does not feel like visiting, but that is so unpredictable that you may just have to "roll the dice". It is looking like we may be here for several more days/weeks? I just don't know. Anyway, the weekends seems to be when we have the biggest influx of compay so maybe a weekday would be best. I just know she loves you. I know I have mentioned food and eating several times in this and recent posts, but please do me a favor and don't be insulted by my asking but don't bring or send any food. We have a considerable stockpile of snacks, etc. in the room and the nurse has had me bag it in plastic bags and hide it in the corner so I wouldn't get her in trouble with her boss. We are not supposed to take food or drink into ICU and they have been pretty liberal about allowing us to (sneak things in) I was just afraid you might read this and feel compelled to send food but trust me, we have access to lots of good stuff, just waiting on my girl to get an appetite for it. Hopefully soon! Once again we absolutely can't thank you all enough for your prayers, concern, and just everything. If someone sees Phil Bullock, the 2nd best night fisherman in the county, tell him thanks for mowing my yard for me. (I don't know whether he sees this blog or not and hopefully with this big ol" moon he is fishing some) Come to think of it if you haven't been in the middle of Broken Bow Lake around 2:00AM on a moonlit night you should make an effort to do so. It can be an awesome sight/feeling. Sorry, I started daydreaming and got way off course. Please continue to pray for Delight and for his healing hands to touch her and allow me to bring her home soon. Love to All

No comments: